QA Technician (Mac/Linux/mobile)
Feral Interactive is looking for an insightful QA Technician to help us bring outstanding PC games to macOS, Linux and mobile platforms. We take great pride in developing excellent ports that integrate perfectly into their target operating systems, and our QA team plays a key part in achieving this. This role is ideal for someone who is determined to find every last bug and enjoys understanding their root causes.
Working as part of our QA team, you will be identifying graphical issues, running performance comparisons against original games, participating in multiplayer testing and executing full game playthroughs. You’ll be expected to write up accurate and detailed bug reports; many of the issues you find will be hardware based, so a good technical understanding of PC hardware is helpful. You will also work closely with our developers who value feedback that not only identifies bugs, but also provides leads to their causes.
This is a permanent, full time position based at our studio in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable interest in computer games
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of PC hardware
- Experience of PC or mobile game testing
- A good understanding of macOS, Linux or mobile operating systems
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- Annual salary from £19k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work with AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer (macOS), HITMAN (macOS and Linux), Rome Total War (iOS) and GRID Autosport (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working with great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Katheryn Evans. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.