Chinese Localisation QA Technician (Mac/Switch/mobile)
Feral Interactive is looking for a fluent Chinese speaker to help us bring outstanding PC games to new platforms and audiences. We take great pride in developing fully localised ports that satisfy all the expectations of our customers, including extensive language support.
We are currently expanding our portfolio of games with full Chinese language support. Your role will involve full QA of our games with particular emphasis on validating the Chinese versions against their English language counterparts. You would also proofread translated text before it is implemented in a game, to ensure quality and consistency, and provide feedback to our freelance translators and proof-readers. You may occasionally be required to provide ad-hoc translations.
You will also assist in functional testing on a range of projects, alongside our team of experienced testers and have the opportunity to benefit from their experience. Typical testing duties include validating behaviour against functionality and game design compliance checklists, identifying graphical issues, completing playthroughs and performance comparisons against the original game, and multiplayer testing.
This is a permanent, full time position based at our studio in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in Chinese and English
- A demonstrable interest in computer games
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of gaming hardware
- Experience of PC or mobile game testing
- A good understanding of macOS, Linux or mobile operating systems
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- Annual salary from £24k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work with AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading developer and publisher of games for iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux platforms. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer I, II and III (Mac and Linux), GRID Autosport (Nintendo Switch, iOS and android), Company of Heroes (iOS and android), Alien Isolation (Switch, iOS and Android), Total War:MEDIEVAL II (iOS and Android) and Total War: ROME REMASTERED (Windows, Mac and Linux).
How to Apply
If you are keen to help us release great games in Chinese, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Kara Hakanson. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.