Junior Java Tools Developer
Feral Interactive is looking for a proactive Junior Java Tools Developer to contribute to the development of our internal web-based applications and online services. You will work on a variety of projects that underpin our process of game development and improve workflow throughout the whole company. This role is ideal for someone with 1-2 years experience who's ready for the next move in their career.
Working as part of Feral’s Tools team you will contribute to a wide range of applications , from company-wide internal productivity and management tools, to external partner portals which facilitate our close collaborations with some of the biggest technology companies in the world. Your specialised development tools will also integrate tightly into our games development process, helping to bring AAA games to a number of platforms.
Our ideal candidate has extensive Java experience, but will also be keen to learn new software and pick up new skills; we are most interested in candidates who can show they have the potential to develop rapidly and the desire to advance quickly.
This is a permanent, full time position at our studios in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- A relevant degree or previous professional experience of back-end web development
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with scripting languages (for example, Perl or Python)
- Good written and verbal communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Java Servlets and JSPs
- Experience with databases
- Comfortable using the UNIX command line
- A desire to do your best work all of the time
- Annual salary from £21-24k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work on AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Alien: Isolation (macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch), Total War: THREE KINGDOMS (macOS and Linux), Rome: Total War (iOS, Android), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to help us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Closing date: 30 June 2021