Experienced 3D Graphics Programmer
Feral Interactive is looking for skilled developers with demonstrable experience in 3D graphics programming for games to join our core 3D development team.
This is a technically challenging, library based role, ideal for those who like working with shaders and graphics drivers and solving complex problems.
To demonstrate this, you can include a link to your personal portfolio or GitHub in your application, and we’re always happy to look at code samples, too.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable taking responsibility and working independently, but who also works well in a team. You’ll have the support of other developers, as well as our on-site QA team.
This is a permanent, full time position at our office in Wandsworth, southwest London.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in 3D graphics programming for games development
- Understanding of the 3D pipeline
- Experience debugging rendering issues
- Experience identifying and eliminating performance hotspots in the rendering pipeline
- A good working knowledge of Metal, Vulkan, OpenGL and/or Direct3D
- Experience writing and debugging shaders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience programming graphics drivers
- Experience with tools such as apitrace, PIX/Visual Studio, RenderDoc, Nsight, OpenGL Profiler
- Experience with features exclusive to Shader Model 5 and above
- Demonstrable development experience as a hobby outside work
- A passion for video games
- £28-32k, dependent on experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games based in southwest London. Recent hit titles include Rise of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux), Life Is Strange (macOS and Linux) and Rome Total War (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working with great games, send a link to your portfolio or some code samples, a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks.
Closing date: 31 December 2018