Japanese Localisation QA Technician (Mac/Linux/mobile)
Feral Interactive is looking for a native Japanese speaker to help us bring outstanding PC games to new platforms and audiences. We take great pride in developing fully localised ports that satisfy all the expectations of our customers, including extensive language support.
We are currently expanding our portfolio of games with full Japanese language support. Your role will involve full QA of our games with particular emphasis on validating the Japanese versions against their English counterparts. You would also proofread translated text before it is implemented in a game, to ensure quality and consistency, and provide feedback to our freelance translators and proofreaders. You may occasionally be required to provide ad-hoc translations.
You will also assist in functional testing on a range of projects, alongside our team of experienced testers. Typical testing duties include performing full playthroughs of games, identifying graphical issues, running performance comparisons against the original game, and multiplayer testing.
This is a permanent, full time position based at our studio in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- A demonstrable interest in computer games
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of PC and mobile hardware
- Experience of PC or mobile game testing
- A good understanding of macOS, Linux or mobile operating systems
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- Annual salary from £19k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work with AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Alien: Isolation (macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch), Total War: THREE KINGDOMS (macOS and Linux), Rome: Total War (iOS, Android), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to help us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Closing date: 31 December 2020