Graduate Systems Administrator
Feral Interactive, a leading developer and publisher of AAA games for Mac, Linux and iOS, is looking to hire a Systems Administrator.
Your duties will include:
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company
- Managing and maintaining our servers
- Helping to organise major improvements to our IT infrastructure
You will handle day-to-day support for our staff. You will work closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game developers, server-side developers and QA team. We work mainly on macOS and Linux computers, and so experience with at least one of these platforms is essential.
You will be expected to troubleshoot difficult issues, working closely with our experienced systems administrators. You should be comfortable speaking with and providing assistance to people with different levels of technical ability, including other IT personnel and software developers.
You will also work on iteratively upgrading our IT environment, and be responsible for helping select and integrate new technologies based on your understanding of our company, its current growth and likely future demands.
If you are due to graduate this year, feel free to apply at any point during your final year: the start date is flexible, so you can line up a graduate position before you become too busy with your finals!
What skills and experience should you have?
- Experience with both Linux and/or macOS desktop and server environments
- Experience with Virtual Machines and VM servers (preferably VMware)
- Experience of configuring hardware and building PCs
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl, or Python)
What else would help?
Experience with any of the following:
- Managing SAN systems
- Apache HTTP server configuration
- OpenLDAP/Active Directory
- MySQL database management
- Monitoring frameworks
- Versioning/revision control software
- Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
- Different encryption formats and storage solutions
- C, Java, or PHP programming languages
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent opportunity to become a key member of a growing tech company
- £23 - 27K annual salary, dependent upon skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading developer and publisher of games for macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch and Windows platforms, founded in 1996 and based in London, England. It is responsible for such hits as Alien: Isolation™ for macOS, Linux and Nintendo Switch, GRID™ Autosport for iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch, ROME: Total War™, Tropico™, Company of Heroes™ and XCOM® 2 Collection for iOS and Android, Life is Strange 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider®, Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, XCOM® 2, and Company of Heroes™ 2 for macOS and Linux. Most recently Feral Interactive developed the Windows version of Total War: ROME REMASTERED as well as developing and publishing the title on macOS and Linux.
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start helping us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Naoko Pierce. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
We are unable to provide Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role, so all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.