Graduate Systems Administrator
Feral Interactive is looking for a bright and technically-minded graduate to join our Systems Administration team. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key member of a growing tech. company in which you will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company as well as managing and maintaining our servers.
You will handle day-to-day support for Feral’s staff of 120, which requires working closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game developers, server-side developers and QA team. We work mainly on macOS and Linux computers, and so experience with at least one of these platforms is essential.
You will be expected to troubleshoot difficult issues, working closely with our experienced systems administrators. You should be comfortable speaking with and providing assistance to people with different levels of technical ability, including other IT personnel and software developers.
You will also work on iteratively upgrading our IT environment and be responsible for helping select and integrate new technologies based on your understanding of our company, its current growth and likely future demands.
Feel free to apply at any point during your final year: the start date is flexible, so you can line up a graduate position before you become too busy with your finals!
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with both Linux and/or macOS desktop and server environments
- Experience with Virtual Machines and VM servers (preferably VMware)
- Experience of configuring hardware and building PCs
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl, or Python)
Desired Skills and Experience (any of the following:)
- Managing SAN systems
- Apache HTTP server configuration
- OpenLDAP/Active Directory
- MySQL database management
- Monitoring frameworks
Versioning/revision control software
- Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
- Different encryption formats and storage solutions
- C, Java, or PHP programming languages
- £24-28k annual salary, dependent upon skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading developer and publisher of games for iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux platforms. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer I, II and III (Mac and Linux), GRID Autosport (Nintendo Switch, iOS and android), Company of Heroes (iOS and android), Alien Isolation (Switch, iOS and Android), Total War:MEDIEVAL II (iOS and Android) and Total War: ROME REMASTERED (Windows, Mac and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start helping us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Diziet Sma. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.