Lead Linux Systems Administrator
Feral Interactive, a leading developer and publisher of AAA games for Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and Switch, is looking to hire a Lead Systems Administrator.
Your duties will include:
- Organising major improvements to our IT infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining our servers
- Responsibility for our IT Security
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company
- Managing the Sys Admin team
You will be responsible for our IT infrastructure and will work closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game developers, server-side developers and QA team. Most of your time will be dedicated to project work, implementing robust solutions with an emphasis on security, backup, monitoring, and documentation.
You will also be required to troubleshoot difficult issues. You should be comfortable speaking with and providing assistance to people with different levels of technical ability, including other IT personnel and software developers.
Feral is currently a team of around a hundred and twenty people, so you’ll quickly get to know your colleagues and will work directly with many of them.
This is a permanent, full time position based at our studios in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least four years’ professional experience as a systems administrator
- Experience with Linux server environments
- Experience with Virtual Machines and VM servers (preferably VMware)
- A track record of completing independent project-based work
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl, or Python)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Cisco networking certification (CCNA or better)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Managing SAN systems
- Apache HTTP server configuration
- LDAP/Active Directory
- Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring frameworks
- Versioning/revision control software
- Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
- Different encryption formats and storage solutions
- C, Java, or PHP programming languages
- Managing an array of mobile devices
- Supporting macOS environments
- £40-45k annual salary, dependent on skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Great opportunity to run a key department in an exciting business
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Alien: Isolation (macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch), Total War: THREE KINGDOMS (macOS and Linux), Company of Heroes (iOS, Android), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start helping us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Closing date: 30 June 2021