Feral Interactive is looking for an imaginative UI Programmer to help us bring outstanding PC games to mobile devices. We take pride in bringing the best PC games to new audiences. This role is ideal for someone who is excited by the challenge of solving interesting design problems. In particular, the many nuances of adapting complex games to new and very different platforms.
Working as part of our design team, you will be responsible for implementing mobile specific changes. Using both UI editors and scripting languages, you will implement new UI designs and work with our development team to add new functionalities. Your work will be structured around design documents created by the design team but you will play a large part in feeding back improvements to this iterative process.
Our ideal candidate is personable and enthusiastic, will relish the opportunities offered to impact the games we release. You should also be keen to learn new software and pick up new skills; we are especially interested in people who can show they have the potential to develop rapidly and the desire to advance quickly.
This is a permanent, full-time position at our studio in Wandsworth, London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with scripting languages and data formats, such as Lua and XML
- A demonstrable interest in UI and game design
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some knowledge of C++
- Understanding of code revisions systems such as SVN or Git
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Scaleform, Unity or other game development tools
- The desire to do your best work all of the time
- £22-25k starting annual salary, based on skills and experience
- Fantastic learning opportunity working with AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Alien: Isolation (macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch), Total War: THREE KINGDOMS (macOS and Linux), Rome: Total War (iOS, Android), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to help us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Closing date: 31 December 2020