C/C++ Cross Platform Game Programmer
Feral Interactive is looking for talented graduates with a bias towards low-level technical programming to join our outstanding team targeting desktop, mobile and console game projects.
We specialise in bringing AAA games to new platforms and audiences by integrating them perfectly into the target operating systems: our releases cover a range of genres and present a variety of programming challenges. While prior professional experience is not required, you will need to be comfortable working in C/C++ and using pointers and memory allocation. You can expect some extremely challenging problems to solve, both individually and as part of a team.
Our ideal candidate will relish the opportunities offered to improve their programming skills and make significant contributions to the games we release. We are particularly interested in people who can show they have the potential to develop and the desire to advance.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference from your first day and to be involved with shipping great games on a regular basis, working with talented co-workers and industry-leading partners in a stimulating and friendly collegiate atmosphere.
Feel free to include a link to your portfolio or GitHub in your application; we are always happy to look at code samples.
If you are approaching graduation, you may apply at any point during your final year: the start date is flexible, so you can line up a graduate position before you become too busy with finals!
This is a permanent, full time position at our studio in Wandsworth, southwest London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong C/C++ skills
- A good degree in a technical discipline or similar, demonstrable experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience developing for macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Android or Switch
- Experience using the UNIX command line
- Experience of one or more of Metal, Vulkan, OpenGL or DirectX
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift
- Knowledge of Perl, Bash, Python or Lua
- Prior games development experience utilising low-level programming
- An interest in computer games
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- Starting salary from £25-30k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work on AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading developer and publisher of games for iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux platforms. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer I, II and III (Mac and Linux), GRID Autosport (Nintendo Switch, iOS and android), Company of Heroes (iOS and android), Alien Isolation (Switch, iOS and Android), Total War:MEDIEVAL II (iOS and Android) and Total War: ROME REMASTERED (Windows, Mac and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start helping us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Diziet Sma. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.