Do your homework! Check the requirements for Life is Strange: Before the Storm on macOS and Linux
The good news is that while Before the Storm is a game that demands all your attention, it lets your computer off pretty lightly and will run on almost any modern machine.
To play Before the Storm on macOS, you will need a 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 processor running macOS 10.13.6, 8GB of RAM and a 1GB Nvidia 650M, 2GB AMD Radeon M290, Intel Iris 5100 graphics card or better. The game is supported on all these Macs:
- All Mac Minis since Late 2014
- All 13" MacBook Pros released since 2013
- All 15" MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- Mid 2015 models with an AMD 370X are not supported
- All 21.5" iMacs released since Late 2013
- All 27" iMacs released since Late 2013
- Late 2012 models with Nvidia 675 or Nvidia 680 graphics are also supported
- All 27" iMac Pros released since Late 2017
- All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
The Macs listed below are also capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the high standards required for official support. This means they can run the game, but may not get the best out of it in terms of performance, graphics and stability:
- All Mac Minis since Late 2012
- All MacBooks released since Early 2015
- All MacBook Airs released since Mid 2012
- All 13" MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
- All 21.5" iMacs released since Early 2013
To play Before the Storm on Linux, you will need a 2.9GHz Intel Core i3-4130T running Ubunto 18.04, 4GB of RAM and a 2GB Nvidia GTX 670 or 2GB AMD R9 270 graphics card or better.
For best performance we recommend an 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and a 4GB Nvidia GTX 970 or 4GB AMD RX 470.