QA Technician (Mac/Linux/mobile)
Feral Interactive is looking for bright and detail-oriented QA Technicians who are passionate about games to join our growing functional QA team. Our QA process is unusual; you won’t be running around levels trying to find holes in walls or recommending game design decisions. Instead, you will help us bring top AAA games to the macOS, Linux and mobile platforms, which brings a new set of challenges to functional QA testing.
Typical testing duties include performing full playthroughs of games, identifying graphical issues, running performance comparisons against the original game and multiplayer testing. You’ll be expected to write up detailed bug reports on any you find, and with our development team in close proximity, you’ll have the added benefit of being able to communicate with them face-to-face.
Many of the issues you find will be hardware based, so good technical knowledge of PC hardware is a must. We also strive for quality releases that integrate well with the macOS, Linux and mobile operating systems, so a strong understanding of any or all of these is an advantage.
This is a permanent, full time position at our studio in Wandsworth, south west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An active interest in video games
- Strong technical knowledge of PC hardware
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in PC or mobile game testing in a professional environment
- Experience with public or private beta testing of PC titles
- Experience gaming or testing on macOS, Linux or mobile operating systems
- Annual salary from £18k, based on skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games. Recent hit titles include Life is Strange (macOS and Linux), HITMAN (macOS and Linux) and GRID Autosport (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working with great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Katheryn Evans. What are you waiting for? It’s time to Make Your Play.
We are unable to provide Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role, so all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.