Lead QA Technician (Mac/Linux/Mobile)
Feral Interactive is looking for an experienced functional tester to help us bring outstanding PC games to macOS, Linux and mobile platforms. We take great pride in developing excellent ports that integrate perfectly into their target operating systems, and our QA group, spearheaded by QA Leads, plays a key part in achieving this. This role is ideal for someone with significant QA experience who is excited by the challenge of leading small teams in exacting tasks.
Operating as one of several leads in our QA group, you will be the key tester and knowledge base for a number of projects. You will assign daily tasks to your teams and lead by example with assiduous hands-on testing. You will also act as a gatekeeper for all the bugs they find before feeding them back to our developers, and as part of that process you will attend development meetings and liaise closely with our coders.
This is a permanent, full time position at our studio in Wandsworth, London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong technical understanding of the games development process
- Extensive functional QA experience across multiple platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience managing others
- A good understanding of macOS, Linux or mobile operating systems
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- Starting salary from £22k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic opportunity to work with AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Total War: WARHAMMER II (macOS, Linux), ROME: Total War (iOS, Android), GRID Autosport (iOS, macOS, Linux), and Life is Strange: Before the Storm (macOS, Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to help us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.