Development QA Engineer
Feral Interactive is looking for a resourceful Development QA Engineer to help us bring outstanding PC games to new platforms. This is a specialised position that involves work with our internal tools and automation scripting, along with some functional QA duties. This role is ideal for someone with a technical background who is excited by the prospect of being at the interface of Development and QA and of helping to solve the most difficult bugs.
Working as part of our QA team you will liaise closely with our enthusiastic and knowledgeable developers to help them identify the root cause of difficult to resolve bugs You will use our proprietary tools to analyse performance and rendering data to facilitate the optimisation of our games across a wide range of hardware, and you will help develop tools to automate parts of the testing process.
You will also have the opportunity to work with third party partners where our code meets theirs, investigating and retesting external issues and writing and responding to technical emails.
To be successful in this role you will need to be flexible, technically adept and well organised, as the work is varied and requires participation in multiple projects with differing deadlines.
This is a permanent, full time position at our studio in Wandsworth, south-west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with Functional QA
- Good knowledge of scripting languages, specifically Python, Perl or Bash
- Good technical understanding of PC hardware
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience gaming or testing on macOS, Linux or mobile
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A desire to do your best work all of the time
- Annual salary from £23k, based on skills and experience
- A fantastic learning opportunity to work with developers on AAA games
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer (macOS), HITMAN (macOS and Linux), Rome Total War (iOS) and GRID Autosport (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working on great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.