Junior Systems Administrator
Feral Interactive is looking for an enthusiastic technician to build and maintain our hardware and systems, as well as provide internal 1st line IT support. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to learn new IT skills and is ideal for an enthusiast who is keen to get into systems work.
You will work closely with our Systems Administrators to upgrade and deploy equipment, so experience with PC building is essential. You will also help maintain our inventory of hardware and software, as well as troubleshooting our IT infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate will be keen to learn new software and pick up new skills; we are most interested in candidates who can show they have the potential to develop rapidly and the desire to advance quickly.
This is a permanent position based at our studios in Wandsworth, south-west London. We are open to considering part-time as well as full-time applicants.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience building or upgrading PCs
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable technical knowledge regarding gaming hardware
- Strong written and verbal communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language, such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Demonstrable track record of self-management
- A desire to do your best work all of the time
- £18-22k annual salary (pro-rated as applicable), dependent upon skills and experience
- Relaxed but dynamic small company atmosphere
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games with about 100 employees. Recent hit titles include Rise of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux), GRID Autosport (iOS), and Life is Strange: Before the Storm (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start helping us release great games, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
We are unable to provide Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role, so all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.