C/C++ Game Programmer for macOS/iOS
Feral Interactive is looking for programmers with strong C/C++ skills to join our development team. We take pride in publishing AAA games for new platforms and audiences; our releases cover a range of genres and present a variety of challenges in the development process. This role is ideal for those who enjoy low level programming, problem solving and critical thinking, as well as working to serve a discerning and enthusiastic customer base.
The bulk of your work will involve developing games to be cross-platform. This will require you to identify, debug and fix inconsistencies with the originals. You will also need to optimise code for the platform in question, so experience developing for that platform is a great advantage. Our projects tend to be completed relatively quickly within small teams, so the work is highly varied and you will be making a difference every day.
Working with the rest of the development team, you will also help extend our in-house libraries by developing new cross-platform solutions and improving on existing ones, as well as debugging and resolving library issues across multiple games.
We are a small but expanding company with a current team of around eighty, so you’ll quickly get to know your colleagues. You will have the support of our more experienced developers and can look forward to working collaboratively with the team. Our QA team is also onsite, which makes working with them to reproduce and resolve issues quick and efficient. Due to the nature of our work we can maintain a small company attitude with a large company output.
This is a permanent, full time position at our studio in Wandsworth, south west London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong C/C++ skills, as demonstrated by code samples or an online portfolio
- A good degree in a technical discipline or demonstrable development experience
- Familiarity with macOS, preferably including development for it using Xcode
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience using the UNIX command line
- Experience of Metal, OpenGL or DirectX for 3D graphics programming
- Knowledge of Objective-C
- Good knowledge of Perl, Bash, Python or Lua
- Prior games development experience utilising low-level programming
- Experience developing for other platforms or across multiple platforms
- A passion for video games
- Annual salary from £24k, dependent upon skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games. Recent hit titles include Life is Strange (macOS and Linux), HITMAN (macOS and Linux) and GRID Autosport (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working on great games, send some code samples or a link to your online portfolio, a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Katheryn Evans.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to Make Your Play.
Please note, this vacancy does not meet the minimum salary requirements for Tier 2 work visa sponsorship for international applicants.