Experienced C/C++ Game Programmer for macOS/Linux/mobile
Feral Interactive is looking for skilled programmers with a low-level technical bias and some professional experience in the games industry to join our development team. This is a great opportunity to move to the next stage of your development career; you’ll be working with great AAA games and helping us bring them to the macOS, Linux and/or mobile platforms.
Experience programming for macOS and Linux, including use of Xcode, is strongly desired but not mandatory for the right candidate. This is a technically challenging role only suitable for those who are highly competent in C/C++ and happy working with lower-level data structures and complex algorithms.
Problem solving and bug resolution are also key skills. To help us understand how developed yours are, please include a link to your personal portfolio or GitHub in your application; we’re always happy to look at code samples.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working independently but can also work well in a team. You’ll have the support of our other developers, and our on-site QA team.
This is a permanent, full time position at our office in Wandsworth, southwest London.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong C/C++ skills
- 2-3 years of experience in games development, especially in low-level programming
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience programming for the macOS, Linux and/or mobile operating systems
- Experience of Metal, Vulkan, OpenGL or DirectX for 3D graphics
- Familiarity with Xcode
- Experience with Objective-C
- Demonstrable development experience as a hobby outside work
- A passion for video games
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux and mobile games based in southwest London. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer (macOS), HITMAN (macOS and Linux) and Rome Total War (iOS).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working with great games, send a link to your portfolio or some code samples, a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Katheryn Evans. What are you waiting for? It’s time to Make Your Play.