Experienced 3D Graphics Programmer
Feral Interactive is looking for skilled developers with demonstrable experience in 3D graphics programming for games to join our core 3D development team.
This is a technically challenging, library based role, ideal for those who like working with shaders and graphics drivers and solving complex problems. To demonstrate this, you can include a link to your personal portfolio or GitHub in your application, and we’re always happy to look at code samples, too.
You will take responsibility for significant areas of our code base primarily focussed on the 3D graphics elements. These might be developed from scratch to fulfil the needs of a specific game or you could take over existing code to enhance or further develop it. Visual correctness and performance are both vital and you will need to be familiar with techniques for achieving both.
This is a permanent, full time position at our office in Wandsworth, southwest London.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in 3D graphics programming for games development
- Understanding of the 3D pipeline
- Experience debugging rendering issues
- Experience identifying and eliminating performance hotspots in the rendering pipeline
- A good working knowledge of Metal, Vulkan, OpenGL and/or Direct3D
- Experience writing and debugging shaders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience programming graphics drivers
- Experience with tools such as apitrace, PIX/Visual Studio, RenderDoc, Nsight, OpenGL Profiler
- Experience with features exclusive to Shader Model 5 and above
- Demonstrable development experience as a hobby outside work
- A passion for video games
- £28-32k, dependent on experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher and developer of AAA Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, and mobile games. We take great pride in developing excellent ports for new platforms and audiences. Recent hit titles include GRID Autosport (iOS, Nintendo Switch), Total War: THREE KINGDOMS (macOS and Linux), Rome: Total War (iOS, Android), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (macOS and Linux).
How to Apply
If you’re ready to start working with great games, send a link to your portfolio or some code samples, a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Stephanie Horrocks. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.
Closing date: 31 December 2019