Mac/Linux Systems Administrator
We’re currently looking to hire a Systems Administrator to help maintain our Mac and Linux IT infrastructure and server environment, as well as provide 2nd and 3rd line IT support.
Your duties will include:
- Organising major improvements to our IT infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining our servers
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company
You will be responsible for our IT infrastructure and will work closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game developers, server-side developers and QA team. Most of your time will be dedicated to project work, implementing robust solutions with an emphasis on security, backup, monitoring, and documentation.
You will also be required to troubleshoot difficult issues, working closely with our desktop systems administrator. You should be comfortable speaking with and providing assistance to people with different levels of technical ability, including other IT personnel and software developers.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in our offices in London, UK.
What skills and experience should you have?
- At least two years’ professional experience as a systems administrator
- Experience with both Linux and OS X desktop and server environments
- Experience with Virtual Machines and VM servers (preferably VMware)
- A track record of completing independent project-based work
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl, or Python)
What else would help?
- Cisco networking certification (CCNA or better)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Managing SAN systems
- Apache HTTP server configuration
- LDAP/Active Directory
- Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring frameworks
- Versioning/revision control software
- Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
- Different encryption formats and storage solutions
- C, Java, or PHP programming languages
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
How do you apply?
To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressed to Katheryn Evans via: email@example.com