QA Technician (Mac/Linux/mobile)
We’re currently looking for experienced QA Technicians to join our internal QA team.
You will assist in all kinds of QA testing across a range of projects: we port Windows releases to Mac, Linux and mobile, so you can expect to work on a number of recent PC hits. As we work with a variety of publishers, you’ll be testing a wide variety of games of different genres and styles.
Our QA process differs from that during original development: you won’t be running around levels trying to find holes in walls or logging bugs recommending game design decisions. Instead, typical testing duties include:
- Checking that the game runs well on supported hardware
- Running performance comparisons against the original game
- Looking for in-game graphics rendering issues
- Multiplayer testing (in some cases, cross-platform)
- Helping with language checks and game documentation
As well as optimising in-game performance, we also aim for our games to have excellent integration in the OS, so a strong background using Mac, Linux and/or mobile platforms is an advantage.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in our offices in London, UK.
What skills and experience should you have?
- Experience in game testing in a professional environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- An active interest in computer games
What else would help?
- Experience of testing on multiple platforms
- Experience with Mac, Linux and/or mobile, testing or otherwise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of £18-21k, dependent on experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
How do you apply?
To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
You should address your application to Tom Leather.