Game Developer (12-month placement)
We’re offering year-long industrial placements to university students currently studying Computer Science or a related degree.
Our game developer placements involve working on real game code: you’ll be porting top PC and console releases to Mac, Linux or mobile platforms. You’ll also help to develop our in-house tools and support the overall development process.
You’ll be working on the same projects as our graduate developers, and will work directly with them and our experienced programmers, gaining valuable experience in games development. This includes getting familiar with the development cycle, bug tracking and working with a QA team.
We like to see students who’ve gone beyond the requirements of their course: we’re happy to look at examples of your own projects and code, so feel free to include them with your application.
This is a 12-month, full-time industrial placement based in our offices in London, UK.
What skills and experience should you have?
- Currently studying Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience of C/C++ programming
- Fluent in the use of pointers and dynamic memory allocation in C/C++
What else would help?
- Knowledge of 3D graphics techniques
- Experience of macOS and Xcode
- Experience of Linux
- Knowledge of Objective-C
- Experience using the UNIX command line
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, Lua, or other scripting languages
- Hobbyist games development
What’s in it for you?
- Gross salary of £17,000 p.a.
- If you move to within 15 minutes’ walk of the office, you’ll also be eligible for a £1,000 p.a. proximity bonus.
- Regular company outings, usually involving plenty of food and drink!
- High-performing placement students are offered a graduate job after their degree.
How do you apply?
To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter no later than 31st March 2017 to: email@example.com
You should address your application to Katheryn Evans.